The site IMGP2-School of Architecture in Nanterre is a great opportunity for architectural and urban regeneration. Our project includes two strategic actions:
1. Reopening the site to the context: a public walkway system connects the building to the neighborhood
2. Reactivation: The Old School of Architecture is regenerated in architectural and programmatic terms thanks to the insertion of the Léonard De Vinci university center.
The new headquarters of the university center will be a school 4.0, an open source place.
The initial idea of the Kalisz project to constitute a natural extension of the park becomes one of the main elements of our project. The Kalisz’s building, conceived as a living organism, can evolve according to the metabolic principles and is able to react to the changes. The renovation of the building is based on a gradient that goes from the original image, through the dematerialization of the agora to the new image of the 3 contemporary volumes.
The new buildings have been designed as an evolution of Kalisz’s flexibility principles:
– free trays that can be reconfigured freely over time;
– a system of passageways in frontage which allows a direct relationship between inside and outside;
– a vertical weave of wooden brise-soleil that thermally protects the building and diffuses the light appropriately in classrooms;
– the structure of the new buildings is hybrid, in wood and concrete.
Architectural and urban regeneration of the Ancienne École d’Architecture. Partial demolition, renovation and extension of an office and teaching building. Competition with restricted participation.
Competition won. Full mandate.
Surface area: 18.000 sq m
Ongoing – 2025
Livello E3C1 del label E+C-
BDF (Edifici sostenibili in Ile-de-France). Livello argento
Futur user: Pôle Universitaire Leonard De Vinci
Structure engineering: RFR
Project management consultancy : ZEBRandCO
Project phase: Valentina Esposito – Management Director, Matthieu Provoost – Project Director
Construction phase: Bettina Reali – Project Director, Annachiara Bonora, Serena Giuliani, Virginia Stella
Parallel Digital Team:
Alessandro Maddalena – Bim Manager, Mikolaj Rożek – Bim Coordinator
IT’S, Marco Tripodi
© Marchand Meffre