Architectural and urban regeneration of the Ancienne École d’Architecture in Nanterre
Restricted competition, Winning project
Métropole du Grand Paris
General contractor: EIFFAGE IMMOBILIER
Future user: GROUPE LEONARD DE VINCI
Architect : IT’S
Programming and interior design : ZEBRandCO
Structural and facade engineering: RFR Structures et Enveloppes
Level E3 of E+C- label
18.000 sq m
Marco Tripodi - Modelab
The site IMGP2-School of Architecture in Nanterre is a great opportunity for architectural and urban regeneration. Our project includes 2 strategic actions:
1. Reopening the site to the context
A public walkway system connects the building to the neighborhood
The Old School of Architecture is regenerated in architectural and programmatic terms thanks to the insertion of the Léonard De Vinci university center.
The new headquarters of the university center will be a school 4.0, an open source place.
The initial idea of the Kalisz project to constitute a natural extension of the park becomes one of the main elements of our project.
The building of the Old School of Architecture, conceived as a living organism, can evolve according to the metabolic principles and is able to react to the changes.
The renovation of the building is based on a gradient that goes from the original image, through the dematerialization of the agora to the new image of the 3 contemporary volumes.
The new buildings have been designed as an evolution of Kalisz's flexibility and scalability principles:
- free trays that can be reconfigured freely over time.
- a system of passageways in frontage which allows a strong porosity of the teaching spaces towards the outside.
- A vertical weave of wooden brise-soleil that thermally protects the building and diffuses the light appropriately in classrooms.
- the structure of the new buildings is hybrid, in wood and concrete.